Being a landlord isn’t always easy. From maintaining the property to managing tenants, landlords are exposed to a variety of risks and potential lawsuits on a daily basis.
What happens if someone is injured on your property and you’re found liable? What if you’re required to pay for damage done to someone else’s property? Landlord liability coverage can help protect you in situations like these.
Landlord coverage has many forms and may include:
- Tenant injuries due to – for example – a loose handrail or exposed sprinkler head causing a tenant to fall and become injured. If you’re found negligent in maintaining the property, or failed to warn the tenant of a potential safety risk, landlord liability can cover you.
- Proper security for your tenants in terms of lighting and parking safety.
- Unlawful behavior by tenants that you fail to take measures against could land you in trouble with the neighbors.
- Liability to cover you against claims of accidental damage in relation to your investment property.
- Fair Rental Value Coverage to cover lost income due to your property ever being declared unlivable due to a covered loss.
- Inflation Protection, which automatically adjusts your policy limits to keep pace with inflation, including premium discounts.
- Personal Injury Protection should a tenant claim injuries arising out of libel, slander, invasion of privacy, wrongful eviction or wrongful entry.
- Lock replacement to cover the costs of replacing locks and keys.
It’s important to talk to your independent insurance agent to get the coverage that’s right for you.
Is it affordable?
At Crunelle Insurance Agency, we offer monthly payment options as well as a variety of discounts on landlord insurance policies, including discounts for new/renovated homes, having multiple policies with us, and more! You’ll also have access to knowledgeable agents who provide exceptional service and coverage tailored to the specific risks in your industry.
Ready to see how landlord liability coverage can help you? Request a quote!